糯米饭/Nuo Mi Fan/Glutinous Rice
I wanted this for breakfast. Couldnt find it at the local hawker centre. So...here it is. ***The traditional recipe usually calls for "lap cheong"/Chinese sausages. But I've omitted it out since it's awfully unhealthy.
- Glutinous rice (soaked & drained) (200 g)
- Dried shrimp/hae bi (soaked & drained) (30g)
- Dried shitake mushrooms (soaked & drained) (3 nos)
- Garlic (chopped) (2 nos)
- Spring onions (chopped) (garnishing)
- Light soy (2 dessertspoons)
- Dark soy (1 dessertspoon)
- Oyster sauce (1 dessertspoon)
- Kecap manis (1 dessertspoon)
- Sesame oil (drizzle)
- Salt (pinch)
- Pepper (pinch)
Oil in pan (Imma using a wok here). When its hot, throw in:
2) dried shrimp
3) shitake mushrooms
Fry till fragrant.
Then throw in the glutinous rice.
(Make sure rice is soaked first, preferably overnight, then drained.)
Next goes in all the following seasoning:
1) light soy
2) dark soy
3) kecap manis
4) oyster sauce
*again, no hard & fast rules when it comes to seasoning. Adjust it accordingly to your taste.
Switch off flame.
Then drizzle the sesame oil.
Transfer the rice into a bowl. Or baking pan. We're gonna steam the rice.
Pour about 3 tablespoons of water all over the rice.
Steam for 30 mins.Or longer if you want it softer.
Garnish with chopped spring onions.
Now you made it, don't forget to take a Cooksnap photo to upload below! Recipe authors always LOVE to hear from you and see how their recipe turned out in your kitchen.