Fesenjoon - Walnuts & Chicken Dish
This is one of the MOST popular and delicious dishes in Iran. As the amount of cooking oil is very little,"Fesenjoon" is very healthy and also friendly to your wallet!:-} EASY to cook and YUMMY!!^@^/
- chicken pieces (about 400 grams of breast or legs)
- ground walnuts (400 grams)
- onion (1 medium size,chopped )
- sugar (2 tablespoons)
- tomato paste (2 tablespoons)
- salt&pepper (1 teaspoon each)
- lemon juice (2 tablesppons)
- cooking oil (2 tablespoons)
- cold water (about 2 cups or more if necessary)
grind the walnuts. wash the chicken and cut into small pieces. chop or grind the onion.
pour 2 spoons of cooking oil in a pot, and fry the onion for about 10 minutes.
add walnuts to onion and fry for about 5 minutes.
pour 2 cups of cold water into the pot.
Cold water makes the walnuts oil comes out! Boil for about 10 minutes.
add salt and black pepper.
add tomato paste.
add lemon juice.
boil on low fire for about 1 hour. add a little cold water every 20 minutes.And let it BOIL and BOIL till the mix gets quite THICK!:-]
READY to serve!!^@^////
Have it with saffron rice!!
Give it a try!!You won't regret^^//
Now you made it, don't forget to take a Cooksnap photo to upload below! Recipe authors always LOVE to hear from you and see how their recipe turned out in your kitchen.