Japanese Mixed Rice
My one-year old loves this recipe! Once you get down the proportion of the seasoning, you can get creative with what vegetables to mix in.
- Short-grained white rice (360 ml (2-go))
- Carrot (1/2 small)
- Dried Shiitake mushrooms (rehydrated) (4 or 5)
- Corn (cooked or frozen) (100 ml (about half a cob))
- Fried tofu/”abura-age” (1 piece)
- Japanese dashi/stock (400-425ml)
- Sake (2Tbsp)
- Mirin/Sweet cooking sake (2 Tbsp)
- Soy sauce (1 Tbsp)
- salt (a pinch )
Prep: Place fried tofu in a strainer and pour boiling water over it to remove excess oil. If using frozen corn, let it thaw.
Cut carrots, shiitake, and tofu into 2cm pieces.
Wash and drain rice. Add rice, sake, mirin, soy sauce and salt to rice cooker. Pour in 400-425ml dashi/stock (to the 2 mark in the ricer cooker).
Add in the rest of the mix-ins (carrot, shiitake, corn and tofu) and turn on rice cooker.
When finished cooking, stir immediately.
Is great for packing in lunch boxes!
Now you made it, don't forget to take a Cooksnap photo to upload below! Recipe authors always LOVE to hear from you and see how their recipe turned out in your kitchen.