Palatschinken (Austrian/Hungarian style pancakes)
This is an all-time Austrian dessert classic, also enjoyed in similar or different variants in Hungary, France and many other parts of the world.
- Eggs (4)
- Flour (250 gramms)
- Milk (0,5 liters )
- Salt (1 pinch)
- Cooking oil (1 shot)
- Jam/Nutella/Cream cheese/ (as much as you like)
- Powdered Sugar (as much as you like)
How to Prepare
1. Put eggs, milk, flour and salt in a bowl and mix them until you get a smooth dough. Let it rest for about 5-10 min after you finished mixing it.
2. Put shot of cooking oil in a coated pan and heat it up to a hot temperature.
3. Add the dough into the pan (not too much, the aim is to keep the Palatschinke relatively thin) and turn it over a couple of times until it reaches a yellowish/golden colour on both sides. After that remove it from the pan.
4. Add whatever you like onto the Palatschinke. Austrians usually go with the sweet variant, adding jam (apricot is my favorite), sweet cream cheese or Nutella/chocolate sauce. Roll the Palatschinke and sprinkle powdered sugar on it.