Pepper-Olive Chicken Bundles
Boneless chicken thighs lined with roasted red pepper wrapped around sliced black olives. It's quick, easy can be done a couple of days in advance and finished before serving. Simmer half the time,store covered and refrigerated. Reheat in a preheated 350 deg. oven. Cook the remainder of the simmer time, Uncover for an additional 5 to 8 min.
- boneless chicken thighs with skin (8)
- jarred fire-roasted red peppers (8 whole opened flat)
- choped black olives (12 whole or 2.5 oz can sliced)
- chopped green olives OR capers (12 whole OR 8tsp. capers)
- fresh basil leaves OR dried (16 fresh--2tsp dried)
- jarred pepperoncini minced OR cayenne pepper (2 pepperoncini OR 1/8 tsp cayenne)
- Minced garlic or equlivent jarred or powder NOT salt (2 cloves )
- Butter (3 Tbs)
- canola oil (3 Tbs.)
- chicken broth and/or white wine (1 1/2 cups)
STEP 1) Place the thighs, meat side up, between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound to a uniform thinness with a mallet.
STEP 2) Slit the peppers and lay one flat over each thigh. Mix the olives, herbs and seasonings and mounding down the center divide it among the chicken pieces. Using the skin, roll them up and fasten with skewers or toothpicks. If too cumbersome, just fold them over and fasten closed.
STEP 3 )Melt 2 Tbs. each of butter and oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the chicken on all sides, turning gently and using a spatula to prevent sticking. Add the remaining butter and oil as needed. Add liquid, Stir to deglaze. Cover and simmer over low heat 15 to 20 min. until done. Serve at once with pan juices. If serving later, follow directions above.
Now you made it, don't forget to take a Cooksnap photo to upload below! Recipe authors always LOVE to hear from you and see how their recipe turned out in your kitchen.