Stir-Fried Chicken with Cashew Nut Bliss : Gai Pad Met Ma-Maung
Enjoy your own magical night of cooking and eating this nutty, sweet, spicy Thai dish. If you don't have Thai soy sauce, you can also use fish sauce, or normal soy sauce.
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 3-4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 5 garlic cloves minced, or lightly smashed in your mortar and pestle
- 6-8 dried red chilies (depending on heat tolerance) chopped into 1 in. pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 cups of sliced, fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup of cashew nuts
- 5 green onion stalks, cut into 2 in. pieces
- 2-3 tbsp. of Thai chili paste
- 3-4 tbsp. of oyster sauce
- 2 tsp. of Thai soy sauce
- 2-3 tbsp. of sugar
Mix the flour with the chicken. Add more if needed until all chicken has been floured :)
Heat cooking oil of your choice in your wok or pan until hot. Add chicken and cook until light brown. Remove chicken and place on plate.
Add more oil if needed, throw in the garlic, red pepper, chilies and onion.
Stir until fragrant and red pepper is soft.
Toss in the chicken again, mushrooms and cashews.
Add the chili paste, sauces and sugar to taste. Remember, just add a little at at time of each until you reach your preferred flavor.
Once taste is the perfect blend of sweet, savory and spicy, and mushrooms are cooked, add in green onion and turn off heat.
Stir and enjoy!
Now you made it, don't forget to take a Cooksnap photo to upload below! Recipe authors always LOVE to hear from you and see how their recipe turned out in your kitchen.