Summer Tomato Marinade
Marinaded and chilled in the fridge, this dish is perfect for the hot summer!
- Tomato (very ripe if possible) (3 small to medium size)
- Corn (fresh is best but canned works too) (1/2 ear or 1/2 cup canned)
- Green shiso or Fresh basil (10 leaves)
- Apple cider OR rice vinegar (1/2 cup)
- Olive oil (2 Tablespoons)
- Mirin OR Honey (1 Tablespoon, more or less to taste)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
Dunk tomatoes briefly in boiling water until skin breaks. Peel and remove seeds. Cut in to large chunks.
If using fresh corn, boil for a few minutes then remove corn from ear. Cut shiso or basil leaves into very thin slices.
In a bowl, mix vinegar, olive oil, mirin (or honey), salt & pepper until well combined.
Add tomatoes, corn and shiso/basil to marinade. Mix to coat well and chill for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Once a lot of juice from the tomatoes has seeped out, it's ready to eat!
Now you made it, don't forget to take a Cooksnap photo to upload below! Recipe authors always LOVE to hear from you and see how their recipe turned out in your kitchen.