Thai Green Mango Salad
Beside Tom Yam Goong, this is perhaps the second dish you want to try when you are in Bangkok! If you are not a fan of salad, this might just change your mind. You are in full control of the dressing so make it as spicy as you like or go mild and enjoy this salad as a beautiful light lunch on a summer day. It is truly delicious.
- Fish sauce, to taste
- Thai palm sugar, to taste
- Limes, small (4)
- Chilli padi (very spicy) (2 to 3)
- Shallots, mashed (2)
- Dried shrimps, washed and rinsed (1/2 to 1 tablespoon)
- Tomato, cut into wedges (1)
- Carrot, peeled and shredded (1 cup)
- Green mangoes, peeled and shredded (3 cups)
- Long beans, cut into 1 inch (2)
- Roasted peanuts, to serve (3 tablespoons)
- Fresh coriander, to serve (Handful)
Pound all the ingredients in a clay mortar using a wooden pestle, then vegetables and mangoes.
Serve chilled with roasted peanuts and fresh coriander.
Now you made it, don't forget to take a Cooksnap photo to upload below! Recipe authors always LOVE to hear from you and see how their recipe turned out in your kitchen.