Tongue Tingling Thai Ginger Chicken : Gai Pad King
Do you love ginger? Your taste buds will rejoice once you savor the spicy kick of Thai Ginger Chicken! If you want less of a ginger kick, use only about 1/2 cup of ginger. Feel free to use less fish sauce and add in some Thai soy sauce if you have it.
- 5 garlic cloves, minced or lightly smashed in your mortar and pestle
- 1 medium white onion, thinly chopped
- 1 cup of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped in matchsticks
- 3 chicken breasts, thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 green onions, sliced into 1.5 in. pieces
- 1-2 tbsp. of fish sauce to taste
- 3-4 tbsp. of oyster sauce to taste
- 1-2 tbsp. of sugar to taste
- 1-2 tsp. of Thai chili paste to taste
- handful of fresh cilantro leaves
Warm cooking oil of your choice in your wok or pan. Add garlic, white onion, and red bell pepper and stir until fragrant.
Add chicken to wok and add about a tablespoon of fish sauce and a tablespoon of oyster sauce. Stir until chicken is no longer pink.
Throw in mushrooms and green onion along with the ginger, the rest of the sauces, sugar, and chili paste. Add a tablespoon or teaspoon of the sauces at at time until you reach your desired flavor. Cook until mushrooms are soft.
Sprinkle with cilantro when you serve it. Enjoy!
Now you made it, don't forget to take a Cooksnap photo to upload below! Recipe authors always LOVE to hear from you and see how their recipe turned out in your kitchen.